NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN IN C0NSTRUCTION
GREATER ORLANDO CHAPTER #73
2016-2017 MARGARET POWELL SCHOLARSHIP
Click Here to Apply
In order to apply for a NAWIC Chapter #73 Margaret Powell Scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be female
- Applicant must reside in Lake, Seminole, Orange or Osceola County, Florida and be a United States citizen
- Applicant must attend an accredited Florida college, university, or institute of higher learning
- Applicant must be enrolling in or already enrolled in a course of study directly related to the construction industry. (Examples: civil engineering, construction technology, construction management, surveying, CAD drafting & design, etc.);
- Applicant must demonstrate a need for financial assistance. This factor will be given special consideration should the qualifications of other applicants prove relatively equal.
- Members of the National Association of Women in Construction and their immediate family members are not eligible for this scholarship.
- All applications must be received by the NAWIC Chapter #73 Scholarship Committee on or before 5:00 pm on Friday, May 5, 2017. Late applications will not be considered; and
- Scholarship recipients will be notified on or before June 9, 2017.
- All applicants selected as finalists may be subject to a personal interview with the Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed. Previous recipients may re-apply on an annual basis and will be given equal consideration with all other applicants.
DISBURSEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
- The amount of each Scholarship shall be no less than $1,000.00, amount to be determined by vote of the general membership of NAWIC Greater Orlando Chapter #73;
- Recipient must provide proof of acceptance/enrollment in order to receive scholarship funds.
- Scholarship funds will be placed on deposit at the bursar’s office of the recipient’s college, university or institute to be credited towards tuition, fees, and required text books.